ABOUT THE PROJECT
Design, advice and launch of the new Culinary Innovation Network of Ecuador formed by three laboratories covering the gastronomic identity of the three bioregions of the country: Iche of the FUEGOS Foundation in the Pacific Ocean; Canopy Lab of Canopy Bridge in the Amazon jungle and Urku Minuka of the Salinas Group in the Andes Mountains.
This project seeks to position Ecuadorian gastronomy as a powerhouse of food biodiversity. The network’s mission is to work to contribute to the transition of the food system to be healthier, sustainable and inclusive in order to improve the quality of life of Ecuadorians. It aims to establish an ecosystem of open innovation and gastronomic entrepreneurship. BCC Innovation plays an essential role in the development and implementation of this project through different phases of activities:
- Advice on the design of the Network’s strategy to implement today’s growing values, such as sustainability in the food system, the growing demand for healthy products and new technologies that open up opportunities to add value and democratise the country’s opportunities.
- Analysis of trends and new market intelligence to identify open innovation opportunities
- Mapping, structuring and boosting value chains with the aim of making them smaller and more localised, creating empowered circular processes in the territory.
- Reinforcement of innovation in the design and launch of new gastronomic products, designing an Incubator and Accelerator of ideas, talent and entrepreneurship in the territory that take on greater weight in society.
- Technical and business training by the team of researchers and technologists of BCC Innovation to promote the products and ventures of the three laboratories.
Financed by the Inter-American Development Bank